Junior Emergency Evacuation Planner
- - Transportation Management Services
- Frederick, MD, USA
- Full Time
Support the TMS Government Division with planning and execution. Assist with development, maintenance and implementation of planning documents for state and local authorities pertaining to the emergency response and evacuation of individuals with critical transportation needs while building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders within the federal government as well as state and local authorities.
Founded in 1995, TMS has helped hundreds of clients successfully move over 70 million passengers around the U.S. and internationally for over 25 years. Transportation Management Services (TMS) provides industry leading transportation and parking solutions for public and private meetings, conventions, and special events as well as emergency transportation services for government agencies. TMS' core mission is to move people safely and reliably while delivering a personal and positive experience that aligns with our client's goals.
TMS is the foremost planning and management solutions firm for emergency transportation and evacuation planning in the U.S., developing the plans, operational implementation, and transportation response logistics for national emergencies. TMS provides key emergency evacuation services to local, state, and federal governments since 2005, including being the prime contractor for FEMA's Evacuation Planning & Operational Support (EP&OS) contract. TMS not only partners with FEMA, but also with state and local authorities for year-round planning for evacuations related to hurricanes, earthquakes, terrorism, and other emergencies. While most vendors just supply the buses for an evacuation, TMS provides management and control of both the vehicles and the overall emergency transportation plan to orchestrate the mission successfully.
• Assist in developing and maintaining comprehensive disaster-specific transportation plans, considering various scenarios and contingencies.
• Review and coordinate operations and other contingency plans with key stakeholders.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and support project teams and program managers and provide daily execution assigned work functions.
• Be able to respond to no notice deployments anywhere in the continental United States to assist with emergency evacuation operations.
• Prepare reports and assessments on transportation operations to include but not limited to: number of passengers transported, resource utilization, resource availability, and mission summaries.
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Strong presentation skills and be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing to support a myriad of standard services required across the department.
• TMS Qualifications: Experience in emergency management, transportation logistics, or a related field; Knowledge of emergency planning, protocols, and best practices; Strong organizational and coordination skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively; Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders; Ability to remain calm and make critical decisions under pressure; Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously. This position will be required to travel with the flexibility and ability to deploy within a short notice of time.
Education/ Training/ Experience:
• Bachelor's degree; 4+ years of experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.