- - The Sunshine Flyer
- 32827, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, AD&D, FSA
Dispatcher/ Transportation Coordinator
Transportation Coordinators are responsible for overseeing the logistics of the Sunshine Flyer airport transportation-related activities. They will be charged with managing all transportation operations and ensuring that all policies, procedures, and safety rules are followed. Ultimately, top-notch supervisors should be able to display extensive knowledge of transportation management systems and have excellent analytical skills.
- Works directly with motor coach operators and vendors to track and dispatch the vehicles to the correct location and route. Reports directly to the Operations Manager and Director of Operations.
- Responsible for schedule adherence by all team members. This includes supervising the team's clocking in and out, breaks and lunches.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the airport team.
- Work with other Team/Managers to maintain continuity and consistency of administering support to the field
- Perform quality observations of team members and provide appropriate feedback
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly, team/individual statistics for the Manager
- Monitor the integrity of the data in the problem management system (comments)
- Participate in the planning of future initiatives as directed by the Manager
- Directing activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of vehicles.
- Planning, organizing, and managing subordinate staff members to ensure work is completed and consistent with the company's standards.
- Assisting Managers with investigations to verify and resolve customer issues and complaints.
- Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures as well as company revenue goals and customer service objectives.
- Complying with transportation-related policies, as well as safety rules, and government regulations.
- Promoting safe work activities.
- Exceptional leadership skills and maintain the company's high standard of customer service.
Perform duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating in a professional and courteous manner between coworkers and vehicle operators.
- Effectively communicate and interact with Bus Conductors representatives through radio/in person regarding destinations assigned to vehicles, changes, wheelchair assist requests, and when a vehicle is close.
- Utilize radio to communicate in a clear, direct, and professional manner.
- Assist with questions/concerns communicated from Bus Conductors.
- Responsible for maintaining and saving the trips with accurate information throughout their shift.
- Intake Lost and Found items turned in by vehicle operators and have the necessary forms and information collected.
- Uses 2-way radio for airport communications in a professional manner.
- Manages the resolution of problems relating to passenger boarding and safety issues.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Ensure that all dispatch, greeters, and conductors take breaks on time.
- Ensure that all paperwork is distributed each day.
- Ensure that all paper supplies (greeters, drivers, vehicle used, and holding) are available for the next day.
- Ensure that other supplies (i.e., hats, water, etc.) are available each morning.
- Manages guest from dock to the zone.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work long hours while maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to use smart phone or two-way radio for communication purposes.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to get to and from the Orlando International Airport.
- Some outdoor working environments.
- Includes frequent/constant standing, walking, lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, lift or carry.
- Ability to reach above the shoulder.
- Work up to a twelve (12) hour shifts.
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and three plus years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred, not required.
- Minimum of one year experience as a Dispatcher.
- Customer service experience in similar industries.
- Experience within the travel/hospitality/tourism/transportation industry.
Knowledge of: Walt Disney World/ Lake Buena Vista Area Resorts and their loca
Transportation Management Services https://tms.myexacthire.com